Last week I bought the Humble Mobile Bundle 2, a collection of indie games for my android tablet. One of the bonus games was the android edition of Karateka, a 1984 Apple II game that I had never heard of. It also included an ebook called The Making of Karateka. This ebook is the journal of Jordan Mechner from 1982-84, from when he was a 17 year old Yale Freshman with an idea for a karate game on the apple II which was waay ahead of his time to 1984 when the completed game was published. This book is much more than the story of how the game came to be. It is a time capsule into the history of early gaming, and 1980s movies. It also shows the transformation of the author from a brilliant, lazy, socially awkward computer nerd freshman, into manhood and into a confident game designer, budding filmmaker, and author. Another great pre-wrimo read. (Oops– over my self imposed 100 words for these daily updates).
- You Can Now Announce Your 2022 NaNoWriMo Project!Are you excited to explore, discover, and create new stories this November? How about joining the biggest community of writers in the world as we embark on a fun and challenging adventure? If you’ve been waiting for the universe to give you a sign that you should write that novel you’ve been dreaming about, then […]
- Community Fundraising Means Showing Up for Each OtherLet’s talk interdependence and donor support today with our Director of Community Fundraising, Allison Celosia. She wants you to feel empowered as a returning or first-time donor to NaNoWriMo and our broader literary arts community.Image id: A yellow and teal graphic of a bar chart entitled “FY22 Annual Budget USD $1.4 Million.” There are four […]
- You Can Now Announce Your 2022 NaNoWriMo Project!
- Chum |
- CHUM Chart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Chum | Yearly Chart
- Map of CNE Ontario Place and the Ex (in Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Why I Love Toronto • Why I Love The CNE Grounds Horticultural Building/...
- 122 perish in Toronto’s “Noronic” disaster – Horticultural Building at CNE used as morgue | Historic Toronto
- Noronic Disaster Historical Plaque
- Guy Lombardo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Monkees 1969 - YouTube
- CNE Archives - YouTube
- [ISBW] Spoilers Club, T. Kingfisher Talks What Moves the Dead September 23, 2022 Mur Lafferty
- [ISBW] Tanvi Berwah and Writing The Hard Stuff September 21, 2022 Mur Lafferty
- [ISBW] Evil Mur AMA August 29, 2022 Mur Lafferty
- [ISBW] Baaaaaad Writing Advice August 26, 2022 Mur Lafferty
- [ISBW] Emotions & Trilogies: Valerie Valdes Interview August 18, 2022 Mur Lafferty